PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We collect Registration Information that you provide during the registration, and/or at the time at which you update your user profile with additional information. This information includes:
- First name
- Email address
- Year of Birth
- Primary Language
- Relationship status
- Political party affiliation
- Number of Children
- Employment Status
- Employment industry
- Income range
- Completed education
- Your location
Researcher Information Includes:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Institution name
- Institution website
- Field of study
- Office fax number
- Office address
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you in order to process payments, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. This information is not stored on our servers, and we refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the Registration Information that we collect to connect researchers with participants through the Site.
Additionally, we use this Registration Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information relating to our products or services.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To allow academic researchers to request participation in research studies: This is the primary function of the FindParticipants.com website and services. The email address research participants provide upon registration will be by the FindParticipants recruitment system to allow academic researchers to send requests for participation in academic research studies to research participants. The FindParticipants system does not disclose research participant email addresses, or any other information to academic researchers, or any other user or visitor of the Site.
- To improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: The email address Users may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
You may also delete your own information if you are a Research Participant by clicking on "Unsubscribe" from the bottom of any recruitment message sent to you, as well as from the bottom of your account settings page (https://www.findparticipants.com/users/settings).
Researchers without sent messages may delete their accounts from the bottom of the account settings page (https://www.findparticipants.com/users/settings). Researchers who have previously sent messages through our Site may request that we remove their account by contacting us through the information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order, or register for an account through the Site, we will maintain your Order and Registration Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
PO Box 50634, Mesa, AZ, 85208, United States