Study Aimed To Improve Immigrants' Rights
Erin Yip, from Adler University, is currently seeking interested individuals to participate in a study designed to learn about the lived experiences of families who have faced parental deportation. The purpose of this study is to better understand how forced separation, such as parental deportation, impacts the family system and family dynamics. There is limited research regarding the effects of deportation. For this reason, I am investigating how parental deportation impacts the family system and family dynamics. My hope for this study is to expand the existing literature on deportation and shed light on the need for immigration reform. I am hoping to find participants that would be willing to talk in-person or via videoconferencing about their experience and impact of their partner's deportation on the family.
I am looking for participants who meet the following criteria:
- Participant must be a parent whose partner has been deported. The deportation event must have occurrred at least 6 months prior to the interview.
- Participant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Participant must not have a new partner.
- Participant must be able to speak English for the interview.
If you decide to participate in this study, you can expect:
- I will be asking questions related to your experience of your partner's deportation.
- I will conduct a semi-strucutured interview in order to better understand your story and how your partner's deportation impacted your family. The content of the interview will include the following areas: family relationships, parenting, and coping styles.
- I will ask for your permission to audio record the interview.
Participation in this study is completely voluntary. If you choose to participate, no identifying information will be included within my dissertation. The interview will last approximately an hour. This study is being conducted to fulfill the requirement for my dissertation and is supervised by Dr. Lauren Nichols (email@example.com) and has been approved by the Adler University IRB (IRB@adler.edu).
I would be honored and appreciative of any assistance you would be able to provide. If you are interested in participating in this study or know someone who is interested in this study, please contact Erin Yip (firstname.lastname@example.org), (650)-430-5313. Thank you!
Compensation: $20 Amazon Gift Card
Location: Los Angeles, CA; Videoconferencing
Erin Yip at Adler University
Los Angeles, CA; Videoconferencing
$20 Amazon Gift Card
- Age: 18 to 82
- Language: English