Mindfulness Meditation And Women Graduate Students
Research Participants Needed
Are you a woman at least 18 years old, enrolled in a graduate psychology program and practice mindfulness meditation, you may be eligible to participate in this research study?
I invite you to participate in a research study. I am a doctoral learner at Capella University in the Harold Able School of Psychology. I am conducting research to complete my degree. I will write a dissertation about the research findings.
The main purpose of the study is to learn about the experiences of women graduate psychology students at least 18 years old, who practice mindfulness meditation during graduate school. I want to know how their experience impacts their ability to weather the challenges associated with the academic stress of achieving a graduate degree.
Participants will complete a 1.5-hour semi-structured, open-ended interview and a 1 hour follow up interview via Adobe Connect.
Participants will receive an electronic Amazon visa gift card valued at $30.00 after completion of the study.
You can participate in the study if you:
- Women graduate psychology student
- At least 18 years old (enrolled at least 1 year).
- Are a U.S. citizen
- Self-described as a regular (at least three times weekly) practitioner of mindfulness meditation who practices mindfulness meditation for at least one year and at least three times weekly, for at least 20 minutes per session.
- Continuously enrolled in a graduate psychology discipline for one year
- Willingness to discuss their meditative practices and experiences.pain treatment
If you would like to contribute to the knowledge base on this topic, and you meet the requirements, please call or email a member of the study team:
704-500-7003, IRB Approval # 2020-186
Compensation: $30 Amazon gift card
Location: online via Adobe connect